This policy was last modified on xx June 2019.
Information we collect about you
We collect information when you register with GDP, and when you voluntarily complete surveys, provide feedback or participate in events. Website usage information is collected using cookies. During your visit to this website, we may also collect the following:
- Name, company name, job title, and other information that you provide to us through form submission, which is relevant to GDP activities.
- Contact information including telephone numbers, postal addresses and email addresses.
- Demographic information such as location, preferences, interests, IP address, browser type and operating system.
GlobalDairyPlatform.com does not collect or hold any credit card information.
We may use this information to:
- Contact you in relation to meetings, events and updates on activities.
- Conduct transactions such as sending invoices.
- Facilitate use of website services and personalize aspects of the website to improve visitor experience.
- Administer the website.
- Periodically send promotional emails about new events and other information we think may be of interest to you. Each email contains a link to unsubscribe from future communications.
- Conduct research, during which we may contact you by email, phone, or mail.
- Manage inquires and complaints made by or about you relating to the use of this website, including cases of fraud.
We may process personal information for certain legitimate business purposes, which could include:
- To enhance, modify, personalize or otherwise improve our communications for the benefit of our members.
- To identify and prevent fraud.
- To enhance the security of our network and information systems.
- To better understand how people interact with our websites.
- To provide email communications which we think will be of interest to you.
- To contact you to provide feedback on GDP’s services.
We keep your personal data rights in high regard and take account of these rights when we process this data. You have the right to object to this processing. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may send you information about meetings, events, and activities. You have a right to opt out at any time. Please contact email@example.com
We take all reasonable precautions to prevent loss, misuse, alteration or disclosure of your personally identifiable information. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. Hard copies of data are disposed of in a secure manner.
Please keep your username and password details confidential. We do not ask for your login details (except when you log in to this website).
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies to provide the functionality that the website offers, and track usage patterns of visitors. Cookies can also help customize the website for visitors by remembering information about your preferences.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
For further information about cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, or in the case of one or more of the following circumstances:
- We are required to do so by law.
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Copyright All Rights Reserved Global Dairy Platform 2019